Find Your Perfect Business Degree
www.business-management-degree.net is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
When you move from high school into the real world, any experience you have with leadership and business management will help you be more successful in anything you do. Leadership opportunities abound in high school, and there are tons of resources available to learn how to be the best leader you can be, both in school and after.
For students wanting to work in business management after high school, being able to show a history of leadership can be impressive to potential employers. The more experience you can get in leadership when you are young, the better prepared you will be to take on these kinds of roles in the workforce.
Online leadership resources for students are a powerful tool that can help young people develop the necessary skills to become successful in school, work, and life. By making use of digital resources, students can access training, practice, and support that can help them develop essential leadership skills such as goal setting, communication, decision making, problem-solving, and crisis management, as well as the ability to effectively manage a team.
Online Leadership Resources for College Students
These online resources can provide students with a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to be a successful leader, both in school and in the workplace.
- Leadership Assessment Quiz: Learn from a different point of view what your particular leadership strengths are.
- Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests: Use the enneagram to learn about not only your strengths and weaknesses as a leader but also where those you are leading are coming from.
- Test Your Emotional Intelligence: By learning more about your own emotional intelligence, you will be able to see within yourself how to become the best leader you can possibly be.
- Evaluate Your Implicit Biases: It’s vital to good leadership to honestly identify any biases you may have, and these tests will help you do just that.
- Itay Talgam: Lead Like the Great Conductors: Learn from one of the best leaders in this TED talk.
- Leadership Blind Spot Survey: Complete this self-assessment to see where you may have some blind spots in your leadership.
- How Good Are Your Leadership Skills? Find out after taking the quiz which leadership skills you may need to work toward improving.
- True Colors: This assessment will help you appreciate and value differences and recognize strengths and weaknesses in yourself and your team.
- Kid President Asks, What Makes an Awesome Leader? See what one of the youngest leaders has to say about the skills you need to lead.
- 23 High School Clubs to Explore: Here are some high school clubs you can become a part of to improve your leadership skills.
- Passing the Baton: Leadership in Transition: How can you be a great leader when you are turning over the role to someone else? Find out here.
- Important Leadership Lessons From Steve Jobs: Get insight into leadership from one of the most famous leaders in the world.
- The Importance of Leadership in Business: Gain a better understanding of just why good leadership is essential to business.
- Ten Traits of Great Business Leaders: Look at this list to see which skills you may need to work on developing.
- Leadership: What Is It? What exactly does leadership mean? Some of the answers may surprise you.
- The Eight Archetypes of Leadership: There are different types of leaders, and by knowing which one you naturally lean toward, you can improve your ability to lead well.
- Leadership’s Importance in Business: This is another great resource providing insight into why leadership is so essential.
- The Differences Between Management and Leadership: Many do not realize how vastly different these two things can look or why it is important to understand the difference.
- Leadership vs. Management: What’s the Difference? Find out how to be a manager who leads and doesn’t just manage.
- Seven Major Leadership Theories Every Manager Should Master: For any leader, these concepts can help you improve your leadership and the quality of work produced by your entire team.
- Five Steps for Leaders to Build a Great Team: An important part of being a good leader is being able to create a strong team that excels at what they do.
- The FIRE Model Can Fix Difficult Conversations: When you’re a leader, hard conversations are part of the job, and knowing a model to follow can be of tremendous help in making these conversations go smoothly and be effective.
- 83 Leadership Activities, Building Games, and Exercises: These activities are a great way to increase your leadership skills.
- Why You Should Take High School Clubs Seriously: High school clubs provide opportunities to put leadership skills into practice and perfect them before moving into the workplace.
- The 39 Best Clubs to Start in High School: If you want to create a club to practice your leadership skills, here are some great ideas to get you started.
- Free Personality Test: By learning more about your personality, you can be more aware of the areas you may need to focus on to improve your leadership skills.
Leadership in business-related careers is vital. Leadership is responsible for setting the vision and guiding the team to success. Leaders will need to develop strategies and manage people in order to maximize performance, create a positive work environment, and foster employee engagement. They are the ones driving the organization forward and ensuring that business goals are met.
Leaders act as the face of the organization and need to establish trust with stakeholders and manage relationships with customers. Thus, having strong leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions is essential for success in a business career.
Leaders possess these great traits: